Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crap Detection Article is a Must Share

Although I consider myself to be relatively well-skilled in the arena of search engine crap detection, I find myself often worried about my mother when she surfs the world wide web.  My mother is very intelligent, but it's just that she's not very internet-friendly... she loses her patience (with me, not the internet) quite quickly. She knows how to check email, a few random news, financial, and online shopping sites, and Facebook (which she recently gave up on because she found it "too intrusive" [but can you blame her?])... but that's about as far as she goes. I've constantly tried to teach her how to differentiate between sites that are legitimate between those that aren't, and we both always end up frustrated when she asks "but why is this one better than that one?" and I can only answer with reasoning that doesn't make much sense to her. Before I was even done reading Crap Detection 101, I had already sent the link to my mother in an email. I'm sure it's something I'll be passing onto even more people/patrons/family members/friends in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment