Sunday, April 29, 2012

Gaming in Libraries

Better late than never! After reviewing the literature/articles on video gaming in libraries, I realize that this is a resource I've left completely untapped. Yes, I've had my fair share of playing video games growing up (and, okay, I admit, I do have a Wii I like to play on from time to time!). The possibilities for video gaming in libraries seem endless. A Harvard professor using Second Life to organize many of his most often used websites is interesting and innovative. I never considered gaming to be a legitimate enterprise, especially in a library setting. I see now that I was dead wrong--the possibilities (on Second Life alone) are literally endless!

1 comment:

  1. Second Life is very interesting, especially the idea of creating and managing a virtual library!

    ReplyDelete