Thursday, March 1, 2012

Don't Judge Me by Shelfari

So, as of Monday, March 5th, I will be starting a new position at North Kingstown Free Library as Fiction Coordinator/Readers' Advisor! While I'm definitely psyched about this new job, one of the requirements of the job is knowing all the fiction genres like the back of my hand. The woman who I am taking over for suggested that I start to get to know the genres I don't typically read by reading a variety of at least 5 different types of book from that genre. And, as you can tell, I've decided to tackle Romance first! Wish me luck!

PS: if anyone has any good suggestions for good Romances, Westerns or Horror books please pass them on... these are the genres I'm weakest in! :)

5 comments:

  1. None of those are my big genres either, but the blog http://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/ might help out with romance selections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know who you are taking over for...and hers will be big shoes to fill. But I think you will do well.Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Have you tried The Passage for horror? It's a door jam but I have heard awesome things about it! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the suggestions everybody! And I know who I'm taking over for, too, and after working with her for the past couple of years, it's very intimidating to be filling such big shoes. Eek! I'm going to do my best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello fellow colleague! ;o)

    I heart horror, especially old school Stephen King, I have a hard time diverting my attention away from him :o) Romance - not really any suggestions. I did read The Ring once by Danielle Steele and I loved it, but it was more the historical aspect (during WWII) that I think I fell in love with!

    ReplyDelete